Saturday, July 26, 2014

June Ipsy and July Ipsy and Birchbox

I really like July's Birchbox. Lip crayon are my favorite lip product other than a healing lip balm. I had not tried Laqa and Co yet so I was happy to give it a shot. This color was perfect to go with the new dress I bought Alex so she stole it. The Naobay body cream smells like ginger to me. I used the Supergoop eye cream this morning. It absorbs similar to their other products. It is not greasy or overly hydrating, it is just okay. I have received a few products from their line and I do feel good about using them. I played around with one of the nail wraps. The sample only included half of the sizes so I can do my thumbs and my ring fingers. I like the print but have not decided what color to pair them with. I'm thinking maybe a red creme polish. Perhaps I will add a little flower or dots to the accent nails. The small pot is a lemon scented face scrub. I have not tried it yet because I keep forgetting to take it to the bathroom. I also chose two upgrades for this month, but they were shipped separately. I ordered the dry shampoo and the portable charger. The charger is a pretty navy and white pattern. I have it tucked in my purse for emergencies. Perhaps like the night my phone was dead and we had to take a different route home in the middle of the night due to flooding. To top it off the power was out in all the neighboring towns and there were no street lights. We made it home but it pays to have a charge for your phone. 


My July Ipsy bag was okay. I was surprised to find some love for the Bare Minerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadow. It is a very matte brown cream that stays put once it dries. The color actually has the word wine in it but it is brown. It actually is the same color as my natural eyelids. After testing it on the back of my hand I wondered if it would work on he cholesterol patches on my eyelids. It covers them perfectly without budging. I had to order a full size version of this. Now I have a small one for my purse and a full size for my kit. I can even use it when I am not wearing any other make up. I used the Be fine moisturizer on my face this morning. It works well and like supergoop add a spf protection. I tested the cheek stain on my hand, but have not used it yet. It seems like it will give you a natural rosy glow. The Big look mascara... it is water proof... it also happens to be a thinner formula with a flexible wand. If you are like me that means little black specks all over you. Maybe if I blot it first. Wayne Goss did tell us how important that is, after all. The tanning oil does not interest me, I do find the bag cute though.


 Last months bag was super cute. I guess I never posted it earlier as Maddy had already seen what I had gotten. In it came an eye brow pencil, a NYX butter gloss, Beabombshell mascara, Marc Anthony dream waves beach spray and a Real tree perfume sample. I was happy to have a spare eyebrow pencil and mascara for my purse. The previous travel mascara was dried out so it needed replaced. The butter gloss is a nice neutral shade and looks good on me. It has a sweet scent and is creamy without being too sticky. I was not real crazy about the perfume, but Maddi liked it so I passed it on to her. I have almost used up all of the Beach Spray. It isn't something I use every day, but it is fun to change things up every now and then. My favorite hair product is 12 Benefits, it leaves my hair soft and allows the waves to do their thing.

My June Birchbox picture is on my camera which I have misplaced. My camera also has a couple pictures of my niece and nephew from their visit.

Birchbox has already released spoilers for the August Box. They added more options this month. They had four items to choose from as one of your samples or to choose a separate curated box. I decided to go for the alternative box as it had the Benefit Its Real Push up eye liner. I really want to try it. especially since I have misplaced my black liquid eye liner that I love to wing out. I also chose one of the upgrades and decided to get the necklace. I wont give any more details though as I want to keep it a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment