Saturday, August 16, 2014

Homegrown Collective creations

Last week Maddi and I worked on some projects from the last two boxes. We made homemade insect repellant, after sun lotion bars, room deodorizer, oil defuser, and sunscreen. I had to melt the lotion bars three times adding more oil until they came off on your hand a bit. The sunscreen hardened into a chunk and I had to throw away the container. So while the lotion bars were salvageable, the sunscreen was a fail. I wonder if the directions should have been teaspoons for the beeswax instead of table spoons. I left the soy wax and cinnamon oil with her to make the candles. I'm allergic to cinnamon and she had to go to work before we could do the candles. I thought cinnamon candles would be perfect for fall.

I also never got around to posting the picture of the mustard I made. Danny is right, it is good on toast. I still need to make the ketchup from that box. I will definitely try the mustard again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment